Scrapping and other crafty bits

Sunday 21 October 2007

Show Off Sunday

Howdi folks! Today I thought I would show off some of my pics from the One Big Weekend in Preston. This was inspired by Bobs' fab pics of Brian May from a couple of weeks back! Now these photos are definitely not technically correct in the least - I had had my DSLR for a few days and was just getting to grips with all the settings, and it was the first time I was actually trying to take photos on it without using the auto setting! And without using flash too - I wanted to try and capture the lighting as it was on the day. I had to crank the ISO settings up to 1600 though and so the pics are quite 'noisy'. I had to hold the camera above my head to take the pics to avoid all the heads in front of us so I was a bit wobbly and there was no way I would be avoiding camera shake!! So the guys above are The Fray - who I love. I liked em before one big weekend but seeing them there live was just amazing. Jo Wiley got on stage with them and played a bit of tambourine which was cool - I think she's a fantastic DJ and listen to her in the week on Radio One.
And above, the mighty Kasabian. Now, we had managed to squeeze and push and wriggle our way to almost the front at this point. But when these guys came on the crowd went slightly crazy, and started pushing in their droves - we nearly ended up on the floor, and with 500 quids worth of camera in my hands I was cacking it a bit, to say the least!! But it was brilliant! Me and my sis (who kindly invited me to go to this fab event when she won tickets - how chuffed was I???) departed at this point, because it was getting a bit much and we were getting trampled on. So we went into the next tent. So glad we did because we saw these guys!!
The Gossip - I am a big fan of theirs and Beth Ditto in partic - I think she has a fab attitude, although I'm not struck on the 'flashing her bits' routine. She didn't do this when we saw her thankfully, although she did nearly spill out of her dress a few times when she was dancing for her life on stage. And the mad woman actually climbed into the crowd - no mean feat for such a short lady. The pic above was her shortly before she 'connected' (her words) with the crowd.And then these guys above -one of my favourite groups of all time - Groove Armada. This pic reminds me so much of waiting there, at the very front of the stage, waiting for them to kick off, the crowd going crazy, and just thinking - wow - I'm so lucky to be here!!
And finally, how can I leave without showing off a picture of my boys? This was taken on a walk at Ingleton Falls. Now we didn't take a carrier for young Shamus, so his Dad carried him most of the way - up hill mostly, about 4.5 miles!! And Shamus is a good solid lad - so it was hard work! And he was fed up and kicking off but who could blame him. His Dad was knackered also - hence the sweaty head lol and bear in mind we hadn't even got a quarter of the way through the walk at this point!! But I still think he looks gorgeous, sweat and all. Poor Shamus is not up for looking at the camera, and is probably eyeing up his escape route.
So I shall say TTFN guys, weekend nearly over now, sob sob, enjoy the rest of it wont you?! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

sharon said...

Mornin Charli,
I went to see KT Tunstall last night, no pics..so annoyed with myself, she was fantastic though..however, I am sooo jealous, The Gossip are one of my favourites..arrrgghh..I bet they were fantastic!!!
Thank you for the Smile award.xx
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Hazel said...

Lovely photo of your two boys, even though the little rascal doesn't want to look at the camera. The other pictures are great - obviously a good time!

Diana said...

Great shots Charli.

Hazel said...

You were asking about the JB challenges - it's a craft forum: http://justbex.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php - would be great to see you there!

Diana said...

Thanks Charli!

Bambi said...

nice pics (^_^)

Louise said...

Just checking out your photos love your SPS

Angela said...

Love these shots! Thanks for the nomination!!

Unknown said...

Great shots considering all you were up against, well done!

etteY said...

great shots Charli, love the one of your hubby and cute shamus! :D

p.s. you have a sweet treat in my blog :D

Anonymous said...

Naked [url=http://zwzx.dlteacher.com/digitalLibrary/bbs_topic.do?forumID=1&postID=431064] naked tape[/url] Nude celebrity