Scrapping and other crafty bits

Wednesday 5 September 2007

A couple of crafty projects


This is the LO I did for Looby's challenge over on the blog til you drop website, there has been some more lovely stuff posted yesterday by KTP, and today by Alix, get yourself over and have a nosy!!

For this challenge I used only cardstock, a journalling stamp, and a teeny tiny bit of ink - didnt want anything to detract from my little man's pic!! This picture was taken in Silloth in August - we went up to see my ma there whilst she was on her hols, it was great - we had a fab time. The pic is of Shaun on a climbing frame, wreaking havoc!!



This second LO is my attempt at the UKS weekly challenge, and Ruth's challenge for last Saturday on the Blog til you drop website . It is of my Dad, and uncle Cecil, who died a couple of weeks ago. My dad is on the left, and my uncle Cecil on the right. Now for those of you who read the bit on my blog where I said I wanted to do a fun and bright LO to remember him how he was - I am going to - honest!! It's just, when I read the challenge over on UKS, one of the elements was to use a book title on your LO. I immediately thought of this book - 'after you'd gone' by Maggie O Farrell. It's an absolutely brilliant book, I read it in about a day - I couldn't put it down. But the title really made me think of how sometimes, we don't realise what we have until it isn't there anymore. Me and uncle Cec weren't really close, but it wasn't until I went to see him when he was so ill, and after he'd gone, that I actually realised all the time we had shared together, the laughs we had, and all the memories I had of him. I was worried that the last memories that I had of him would be him ill, looking nothing like the fit and healthy guy he once was. He was a marine in his younger years!! But thankfully loads of great and happy memories came. So guys, I apologise for fibbing a bit - there is a bright and happy LO of Uncle Cec in the post (pardon the pun)!! Had to do this LO - had to get these thoughts down on paper.

My blog will be neglected over the next few days - we're off to Wales - wahoo! Should have some lovely pics to show you on our return - always wanted to go to Wales, it looks so beautiful.

No comments: